2nd heart scan


20th July

We are seeing Dr Sands again today for another heart scan. At least this time we know what to expect, and fingers crossed all is good. Been on a high from we had the 4D scan. 
Feels weird having all these scans, but I'm glad they are keeping a close eye. So its our time to go in for our scan. Stuart and I are nervous (of course) but we are getting used to these. Dr Sands gets me up on the chair, get the lovely sticky jelly on and there he is, our wee fighter. Jumping about and Dr Sands can barely see him until he calms down. Made us laugh. He checked for any leaks as if he had a leak he wouldn't of been able to have surgery and wouldn't be able to live, but thank god there was none. He's all happy with how it looks got a better look at his wee valves and he measured them. So we got good news for all its worth, yes he still has the Hlhs but as far as it can it looks as good as i can do. 


23rd July

I had to fast the whole night from 10.00pm and I'm starving, I have a G.T.T test today as my Bmi was a little bit over. So got to the hospital at 8.30am and had to drink this glucose stuff it was a bit like a suskie orange drink but wasn't very nice seeing as i had to down the whole big bottle in 5 mins. Stuart was sat there telling me to jug it and it started to give me heartburn. That day i had 3 loads of bloods done and my poor arm felt sore the day after. 1 lot before the drink another an hour after and then again another hour after. I felt fine the whole time and there was woman there fainting and lying down dropping like flies. I was so happy to get out as i was so hungry. Got a banana and cheeky chocolate bun. So got home had a lovely lunch and had a phone call. My results where abnormal in my morning bloods which where the ones an hour after the drink. So that meant I had gestational diabetes.. Yeyy. So have to go to a learning class next week where they teach me to test my bloods and what will happen until my first appointment in the maternity ward. 

30th July

Today is my endo clinic and i am learning to test my bloods with the machine they give you and I have been given information leaflets about the foods which are good and which carbohydrates are better for you to keep up energy. I also have to track my eating for a week to see what way my bloods go and to get help with a diet plan the week after in the maternity ward clinic for diabetic mums. I've also been told that most mums get induced with diabetes which i was getting done anyway as with heart babies they don't like you to go over, but i suppose i will have to wait and see what date they give me as with having this and now a baby with CHD they will all need to talk together and see what they come up with. They can't do any earlier than 36 weeks as he has his heart condition so they can't risk it with him and i'm not allowed to go to far as i have diabetes and need monitored closely.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our 20 week scan

Getting Nearer

31 weeks now